Let: Oct-Dec 2018
- Rental values averaged £395 per week for flats and £648 per week for houses over the last 3 months.
- Properties let over the last 3 months achieved an average of £27.17 per square foot per annum in rent, up from £26.25 at the same time last year, and down from £28.32 6 months ago.
- The number of properties let over the last 3 months was down 28.3% versus the same period last year, but down 31.7% from 3 months ago.
- Achieved rental values rose by 3.5% compared to the same period last year, and fell by 4.1% versus 3 months ago.
- The CPI was 2.3%, and the RPI was 3.2% last month (ONS).
- 78.6% of properties have asking prices less than £1,000 per week, up from 75.4% from the previous 3 months and down from 85.9% from the same time last year.
- 7.0% of properties have asking prices of £2,000 or more per week.
- 29.8% of flats and 28.1% of houses currently available have seen a reduction in asking rents since they were first put on the market.