Spacious 5 bedroom chalet in the centre of St Gervais
Chalet Florence, a large modern chalet, in an elevated position looking down towards St Gervais and across to the mountains and skiing. A short walk brings you directly to the centre of the village and the lift station is a few minutes away. Whilst enjoying proximity to all amenities, it remains a very quiet and private location which is not overlooked. This recent chalet (2005) is set over 3 floors the chalet and is laid out as follows:
Ground floor:- Two self-contained 1-bedroom apartments which can be joined together or integrated with the main chalet via an internal staircase.
– Apartment 55m2 includes: fitted kitchen and lounge-dining space. 2 bathrooms (shower, sink, WC). A 2nd room which serves as a bedroom with a mezzanine bed. Access towards a private outside patio area.
– Apartment 27m2: living space with built-in kitchen, bedroom, bathroom (shower, sink and WC). Independent access and use of a private terrace area.
– Also on the ground level is a very large double garage with a wine cellar whose temperature is controlled via a ground-coupled heat exchanger.
Level 1: Large entrance space with plenty of storage cupboards.
– Living room with windows on 2 sides which showcase the mountain views beyond. Stone and wood fireplace.
– Open-plan kitchen with all mod cons.
– Bedroom with built-in storage.
– Spacious bathroom (shower, bath, double vanity sink), and separate WC.
Top floor: Generous mezzanine space which could easily be partitioned to create a 4th bedroom in the chalet.
– 2 good size bedrooms one of which has balcony access.
– Family bathroom with bath, vanity sink and toilets.
– Built-in cupboards under eaves and attic space.
Underfloor heating on the ground and middle floor. Radiators on the top floor.
The chalet has a wrap-around balcony as well as a huge decked area over the double garage with up-lighters and the electrics ready to receive a hot tub.
There is a charming mini chalet (mazot) which is fully insulated and has electricity ready to create an office or other useful space.
The rain-water collection is plumbed in so it can be used for toilets making it eco-friendly.
Chalet Florence is situated on a mature landscaped garden with trees, bushes, flowering plants as well as charming little pathways.
Parking at the front and also behind the chalet. The property has an alarm system.
A well-positioned chalet for long term or second home purposes, with the possibility to generate some rental income with the 2 apartments or integrate them to provide further spaces as required. Its closeness to the village and sunny exposition which allow it to catch the last of the evening sun will be a real plus for the discerning buyer.
Les Contamines and St Gervais are just over 1 hour from Geneva airport and 25 minutes from Chamonix. In winter they make up a large part of the Evasion ski domain, a vast 445km area of ski pistes. Both villages also have a thriving summer season.
Property tax 3600€ per year.