Let: Jan-Mar 2019
- Rental values averaged £524 per week for flats and £1,016 per week for houses over the last 3 months.
- Properties let over the last 3 months achieved an average of £36.22 per square foot per annum in rent, up from £35.92 at the same time last year, and up from £35.66 6 months ago.
- The number of properties let over the last 3 months was down 10.4% versus the same period last year, but down 1.9% from 3 months ago.
- Achieved rental values rose by 0.8% compared to the same period last year, and rose by 1.6% versus 3 months ago.
- The CPI was 1.9%, and the RPI was 2.5% last month (ONS).
Click here to download Q1 2019 Report
- 78.2% of properties have asking prices less than £1,000 per week, up from 77.6% from the previous 3 months and down from 80.8% from the same time last year.
- 4.6% of properties have asking prices of £2,000 or more per week.
- 30.5% of flats and 45.2% of houses currently available have seen a reduction in asking rents since they were first put on the market.